Environmental Policy Statement
Event Merchandising Limited aims to protect the environment by ensuring the sustainable use and disposal of scarce resources.
This environmental policy provides a framework based upon the values of sustainable development within which we can place our won activities and operations. The policy also translates the core aims and beliefs of the organisation into objectives and guidelines for action, which will inform and have an impact on all areas of our work.
Event Merchandising Limited will:
• Adopt and aim to apply the principles of sustainable development - that is, development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
• Strive to adopt the highest available environmental standards in all areas of its operations.
• Seek to adopt a total ‘cradle to grave’ assessment and responsibility for its activities.
• Aim to minimise the use of all materials, supplies and energies.
• Minimise waste production in all areas of the organisation and aim for waste-free processes
• Purchase, where feasible, sustainable products for use in the organisations’ operations, ie recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources.
• Expect similar environmental standards from any partners involved in our work.
• Publicise our environmental position.
• Encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
• Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
• Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate
• Assess the environmental impact of all its operations on a continual basis
• Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems and support the development of public policy.